• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear power windows without from doors...check!

jmeti000

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, for all those who have been asking about rear power windows without the front doors, I did it and couldnt be happier.

1st, I robbed a JY vehicle of its switches and the plates that they snap into so give them a place they would be secure.

I put mine in the center console where there is a little half round space that looks like its for coins right in front of the shifter. I noticed that on the later models that portion is built in, but on earlier models it actually can be removed by taking out four screws, so you might wanna consider getting on of these too if you plan on doing it the same way just for sake of ease.

Using a dremel, I cut the plates for the switches to the correct size and shape, and then used a sautering iron to "weld" the plastic on the back of the two pieces together. After that I just drilled holes to screw it in.

For the wiring, you need to ground out the two wires that originally went to the front door switch, run one for the feed (the one in the middle), and the other two will go directly to the window motor.

Yes they work without the vehicle on, and no I havent integrated the switches in the doors yet to work also, but thats due to my own laziness. I dont have pics of the process, but will snap a few off and get them posted so you can see what I finished with.

Jmeti000

Heres what it looks like finished...since its pouring down rain Im not gonna take it apart today so you can see the backside...I might melt so that can wait.

IMAG0091.jpg

Back