• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WATER PUMP. OEM, or HF?

?Blue?sdriver

NAXJA Forum User
Whats it mean? It means I tossed a coin on where to put this thread. Heads, Mod Tech wins. SO. Question is, OEM replacement water pump, or the more expensive, differently impellered High flow Pump? Would it be worth the HF if I have a stock radiator? Opinions, experiences......?:eyes:

i have a flowkooler water pump, it really hasnt done much for me in the way of cooling, but as the rig warms i have to put the heater switch on as to open the valve other wise the flowkooler puts too much pressure causing it to leak a lil, not enough to worry about but still! if i did it again i would save my cash and put an oem one in,
use your money for hood louvers! youll get WAY better coolin results!

don't waste your time at the dealer anymore for a wp. about a month ago i went to buy one for my xj at the dealer and it turns out that they're discontinued. they tried to sell me one that was identical to an autozone piece but they claimed it was an oem Chrysler "value" part. they even said that someone else provides them with the pumps. get one from napa instead.

I threw a NAPA water pump on when I replaced my radiator (3 row CSF) because everything was out of the way and run a STANT OEM temp thermostat, Have never had a overheating issue wheeling on 33s and stock gears in 100 degree weather or anywhere else, now on 35s and 4:56s.... IMO the only thing worth upgrading in the cooling system is a 3 row radiator, other then that a properly maintained system will be fine.

Gates pump here. Never overheated but it did go a hair over the middle notch when I was stuck in traffic in 100* weather. A quick rev brought it right down.

Back