• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need lower control arm bushings???

jumpnjeep

NAXJA Forum User
I have a pair of LCA's look like Rough country I think. The bushings are shot. My question is where can I get replacement bushings. My lift has outgrown my old LCA's and I need to swap these in but don't want to do it with worn out bushings.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Are they stock bushings, poly bushings, johnnie joints?

If poly you may be able to get them from McKenzies or Kartek

Call rough country.

x2. Although there products aren't top notch, their customer service is really good. There prices are good and they will get you what you need.

They are just stock rubber bushings guys. Thanks for all the advice. I will try rough country first to check pricing, there is another guy offering a pair of lca's with the newer style bushings?? For $50, I'm thinking that might just be easier than re bushing the old arms. Hmm decisions decisions!

Not trying to persuade you to buy the arms I got for sale but the first time my bushings went out rc sent me a set and I went to five shops saying they could press them but not one shop was able to press the old ones out. I had to take them to a machine shop and they charged 10 bucks a bushing.

Lol, yeah I was looking at mine yesterday and thinking about that too. I just replied to your PM. I'm thinking it may be less hassle (and probably cheaper too) to just buy your arms. I have a buddy who lives in Lancaster, I can probably get him to pick up the arms for me. Let me see what I can work out and I will PM you again in a day or so.

Thanks

I have 2 sets of Bad LCA from RC and they dont stock eith set of bushings any more made me made.Now Im looking into another set of lowers thinking Ill head JKS or maybe some form of Long-arm

Good to know, but for $50 they will last long enough for me to get my moneys worth and then I can upgrade later.

I used a torch to cut the old ones out on a friends jeep. It sucked but it worked. And was free. I used a vice with a big jaw and a lot of grease to get the new ones in.

I'm not too worried about changing bushings, I've done plenty when I was still working and I have access to a large press. Thing is for $50 to get these other arms with good bushings in them just seems like a lot less hassle then replacing 4 bushings myself!

i have the new rc bushings and no issues so far. and i paid to have the bushings on my axle replaced because im lazy :eyes:

Back