• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Best Tie Rod Ends For JKS HD Tie Rod

Ice_Man

NAXJA Forum User
I was recently given a JKS HD Tie Rod to replace my bent stock tie rod. Im running 33's with 4" of lift on a mostly stock D30. I know that I should just bite the bullet and upgrade my steering. However, I want to get out on the trail asap and this is what I have to work with for now. My question is: what are the best tie rod ends for the JKS HD Tie Rod (it states that it will accept standard tie rod ends)? I know Moog makes decent OEM parts, but Id like something heavier possibly with zerk fittings. Any input will be helpful. Thanks.

http://store.jksmfg.com/merchant2/m...Store_Code=JKS01&Category_Code=Steering_Brake

Last edited:
I don't believe there is an upgrade for the OEM tie rod ends. Most will go with a ZJ V8 Tie rod which is a little bigger.

I found that to be the best route for my situation at the time.

MOOG, Napa.. I believe that most of the arftermarket tie rods (except the 1-ton) use stock taper, beefier TREs. You can always contact JKS and ask them.

Back