• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

R12 refrigerant ports...

Alexia

NAXJA Forum User
How do the R12 refrigerant ports work on the older models? There are the protective caps and then what looks like valves that one might turn on top of the compressor. Though I could not turn said valve looking object.

R134a uses a schrader valve which opens when the gauges are attached with the R12 system the valves need to be opened manually with the screw behind the port. The valve should turn but they like to stick find a wrench that fits well and be careful not to strip it.

R134a uses a schrader valve which opens when the gauges are attached with the R12 system the valves need to be opened manually with the screw behind the port. The valve should turn but they like to stick find a wrench that fits well and be careful not to strip it.

Guess I am too late for that then! I was fairly sure that was the valve. Will not be able to reclaim this stuff then.

The valves are reverse -- open with clockwise rotation, for about one to two turns, no more. Use vise grips if the end of the valve stem is stripped.

Back