• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Window fan

LYKOS

NAXJA Forum User
I hope this is the right sub forum...

I have a 12v fan I am mounting to a piece of aluminum diamond plate that will go in my backseat window.

The idea I had was to pop rivet a piece of aluminum chanbnel on the top to fit int the window channel and a piece on the bottom that I can roll the window into to hold it in.

However, I cannont do this because the pop rivets stick out to far. Because it's channel I can't get in there to pop rivet from the inside.

I'm open to any suggestions on how to make this mount to my window.

Thanks

An idea i thought that might work for you is to rivet a piece of channel facing down to the panel. Make it a bit shorter top to bottom then the window opening. You can then slip the top edge into the channel of the window opening where the window ususally goes into when it is closed, then you roll the window up till it fits into the c channel on the bottom. Then that would hold your panel in place and be very easy to take in and out with out any modifcation to your stock door.
Here is a quick sketch in paint shop fo my idea.
483879_3616912465254_1347122587_3576781_2017905068_n.jpg

Thats exactly what I want to do. But wont the long end of the rivet be inside the channel? Since you cant fit the rivet gun inside the channel to put the flat side inside? Or am I rivet dumb? Which might be the case.

Welding and I dont get along so well, especially aluminum. Someone suggested JB Weld. Think that might work?

Duct tape or industrial velcro?

Drill holes in the back side of the c-channel (not the side that goes against the diamond plate. Then put your rivit gun through the holes to rivit from inside the channel. You may have to just cut a notch out of the side of the channel to make the rivit gun fit. Alternately, you could drill holes in the back side of the channel and drill and thread the diamond plate. Then just screw them together.

Yup yup, my brother and I came up with the same solution last night.

Thanks for the input.

I'll post a window fan build thread when I do the deed.

:)

Back