• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

crown sye seal?

dylan1650

NAXJA Forum User
last week i installed a crown slip yoke eliminator on my np 231j. i noticed that the new output seal is leaking a bit.. a drip or so every ten minutes.. it only leaks when driving. this particular kit the bearing snap ring seal etc. were already installed in the tailhousing when i purchased it. the yoke has been torqued to 150 ft lb. is this a common issue? anyone else have this issue? and if i am to purchase a new seal does it have to be from crown or is it the same seal as stock?

yes. the nut and area around it are dry.. i have been driving, cleaning it up, driving and looking very carefully. when installing i put the little rubber star washer and took the extra measure of putting black rtv on splines and nut. i am very confident it is coming from between the yoke/shaft and rubber sealing surface. i just dont understand.. seal looks good.. is plyable like a new seal should be... spring thingy is in place and looks good. im pretty sure seals dont "break in".

thank you responses. im deffinately gonna buy a new seal... i am starting to think the one i have is in backwards... the little spring elastic thingy is facing outside the t case. every seal i have seen they are facing the oil side/inside. does anyone know? i wanna be sure i am installing the new seal in the right direction.

Back