• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I have a weird wiring issue and need help

SDHREDXJ

NAXJA Forum User
well this is neat.... the radio got a little scratchy today i figured the antenna was loose, then on the drive home from work the dome lights all of a sudden decided to turn on by themselves when I hit some bumps and then off then on again. To be safe I popped the fuse out I have no idea where to start with this.

I would start with the basics......

Year
Engine
Transmission

My electrical instructor likes to say, "Garbage in, garbage out." More info will lead to better answers.

Stock radio?
Anything been changed recently?
Sounds like a possible short to power perhaps causing noise in your radio circuit

Assume a 95? The last time the interior lights came on when I went over a speed bump in my 93, the cause was the driver side door not making good contact with the jamb switch. Easy to check.

95, 4.0 aw4 stock everything in the interior. Ruled out headlight switch. Door switch hasn't work for a while. Removed it and one of the yellow wire male prongs is broken. Dome lights still on with the switch removed

Removed passenger switch and that fixed it for a bit. Putting stuff back together and they came back on.... Now what?

Back