• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Schedule/Events/Activities

mako my day

NAXJA Forum User
So I'm in. But what exactly goes on with this event? Trail rides, hikes,dancing, cocktails,shots,poker, eating contests, beer bongs, rock throwing, mine exploration, bombs, guns.???

You could do all the above if you want, as long as you do not mind people laughing and harassing you.
This is the first year that SCF has been at this venue. You can do whatever you want. It's basically a large get together, go wheeling, drink, eat, talk, etc. I'm down for some poker, as long as its cheap or just for fun.

Yeah, it's more about:
camping
getting to know folks , or seeing folks you don't see that often
wheeling and/or exploring most of the day Saturday
dinner Saturday night followed by
Raffle Saturday Night,
maybe more wheeling & exploring on Sunday (in Big Bear, we do our trail cleanup on Sun)

People drink or don't drink, according to preference. Depending on who shows up, there may be a rowdier group and a quieter group, or sometimes we all just play together. If you smoke, try to do it downwind.
You can dance if you want to, but I don't know if there'll be music, or Men Without Hats.
I'd have to borrow my son's beer bong, so I'd say stick with what you can consume in bottles/cans from your cooler.
I don't know if the mines are open for exploration or not...
I don't think guns are allowed (it being a Park & all that), bombs would be bad, but you can probably throw rocks out in the open desert to your heart's content.

Main rule... Do NOT be shy/scared/unwilling to walk up to a group & say Hi. A lot of folks know each other from past gatherings, etc, and I remember as a newcomer it was a little daunting to show up when it seemed like everyone had known each other for yeeeeeeaaaaaars.

If all else fails, it seems like lots of folks now know who I am. Just ask if anyone's seen me (Carol), and come introduce yourself. :cheers:

Yeah, it's more about:
camping
getting to know folks , or seeing folks you don't see that often
wheeling and/or exploring most of the day Saturday
dinner Saturday night followed by
Raffle Saturday Night,
maybe more wheeling & exploring on Sunday (in Big Bear, we do our trail cleanup on Sun)

People drink or don't drink, according to preference. Depending on who shows up, there may be a rowdier group and a quieter group, or sometimes we all just play together. If you smoke, try to do it downwind.
You can dance if you want to, but I don't know if there'll be music, or Men Without Hats.
I'd have to borrow my son's beer bong, so I'd say stick with what you can consume in bottles/cans from your cooler.
I don't know if the mines are open for exploration or not...
I don't think guns are allowed (it being a Park & all that), bombs would be bad, but you can probably throw rocks out in the open desert to your heart's content.

Main rule... Do NOT be shy/scared/unwilling to walk up to a group & say Hi. A lot of folks know each other from past gatherings, etc, and I remember as a newcomer it was a little daunting to show up when it seemed like everyone had known each other for yeeeeeeaaaaaars.

If all else fails, it seems like lots of folks now know who I am. Just ask if anyone's seen me (Carol), and come introduce yourself. :cheers:
I always have music, but no men without hats, sorry to disappoint anyone. Might have a mini projector and my laptop. I think my beer bong is still in my garage somewhere. But I suppose shotgunning does the trick also.

You can dance if you want to, you can leave your friends behind...

I would suggest a skeet event, but everyone on here would have a POO POO fit, so I won't this year

Last edited by a moderator:
I always have music, but no men without hats, sorry to disappoint anyone. Might have a mini projector and my laptop. I think my beer bong is still in my garage somewhere. But I suppose shotgunning does the trick also.
I can supply the Men Without Hats. maybe even some Men At Work.

I can supply the Men Without Hats. maybe even some Men At Work.
Is that really necessary? Men at work is fine. I never said I COULDN'T but choose not too. Bio-dome is the only time that is acceptable.

This is the first year that SCF has been at this venue.

Only half true. This was the location of the very first SoCal Chapter event way back in January 2004. It was the event that pre-dated SoCal Fest (the next year was Big Bear in March which evolved into SoCal Fest).

You can dance if you want to, you can leave your friends behind...

I would suggest a skeet event, but everyone on here would have a shit fit, so I won't this year

I have no problem with people getting together, on their own with no club involvement, and going skeet shooting. But it must be known that it is in no way affiliated with NAXJA and the venue needs to be in a safe and legal location. Hell if I didn't have Sebastian with you I'd be tempted to join you.

The only time there are issues with weapons is when they're used in camp or another safe and/or illegal area.

There is no excuse for unsafe/illegal activites while wheeling, Naxja event or not. We already have far too many folks making this hobby look like a bunch of drunk rednecks driving ove plants/wildlife and leaving a trail of beercans in their wake.

/rant

Hell if I didn't have Sebastian with you I'd be tempted to join you.

Wait. What? Which one of you is considered the Mom? Is Holly just around to make it look like you & Sean aren't an item? Sooooo confused.

Wait. What? Which one of you is considered the Mom? Is Holly just around to make it look like you & Sean aren't an item? Sooooo confused.
That would explain why Sean goes through "girlfriends" like TP.

There is no excuse for unsafe/illegal activites while wheeling, Naxja event or not. We already have far too many folks making this hobby look like a bunch of drunk rednecks driving ove plants/wildlife and leaving a trail of beercans in their wake.

/rant
Alright, who hacked Sean's account? not funny guys...

Those going shooting: make sure that you obey local rules. Unless something changed go up Mule Canyon and go to the offshoots from there. Also the park ranger at the campground should either have the map of designated areas for firearms use or direct you as to where you can get one.

You used to be able to shoot closer to the campgrounds but some idiots were shooting high and cleared their naturally made backstop with round landing in the camps.... (or so the story goes) so they do have designated shoot/no shoot areas.

What is the plan for Saturday afternoon/evening? It unfortunately looks like I have to leave around 430 to get to another obligation.
Do I need to be present for the raffle?

Yeah, raffle has always been a "must be present to claim prize" type deal. You can always have someone hold your tickets and hope they bring you a prize. ;)

Back