• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96-98 fuel rail into 99+ Manifold

markaboo929

NAXJA Forum User
Hey I was just wondering if the fuel rail from a 96-98 stlye-returnless system-would really mater not having the pulse damper in the middle.The 99 one I have is leaking from the damper.I do have a 96 style rail...does it really keep pressure from fluctuating that bad? Is there any noticble difference from the 96 one opposed to the 99?...any thoughts other than "bolt it in and see what happens"

should be fine.

I think the only fuel rail fitment issue is when trying to install a RENIX fuel rail on any HO intake, IIRC the injectors are spaced differently. Simple enough fix, use a 91-95 fuel rail when putting an HO intake on a RENIX rig... unless there is something I am forgetting.

Thank you...my concern was just that..if the dampner really does effect rail pressure "pulses".On a theory it may have been needed-as an engineering stand point-on the 2 piece exhaust manifold for the pre-cat system due to exhaust scavenging.;)...

Back