• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RC 2.2 Shocks/Bilsteins

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
I had Rustys hydro shocks on my XJ, then I bought the RC 2.2 shocks....at first I thought they were great, but I am not so sure about them....they look good and are def better than my rustys shocks...but I still feel that my jeep doesn't have that solid feel to it...Whenever I hit an unever part int he road....at times the whole front end will absorb it well, but other times, it feels like something is loose and not tight in the front end....I am not sure if this si a shock issue but it seems it would be....I am running a 2 month old IRO long arm kit, so all the bushings are new and greased. My rc 2.2 shocks are about 4 months old. trac bar is in good shape, draglink and tierod are all about a year old with new tre's installed. Alignment was just done after the Long arm kit was installed and was set to the requirements by IRO.
I would really love to have a set of the 5100's
my question is.... anyone have the RC 2.2 shocks and what are your opinion on them? Are good are the bilsteins and will they make that much of a difference....I am running procomp coil springs and full leaf packs in the rear.

EDIT: Sorry thought I was in Modified section..... :(

I ran the RC 2.2s for a while on my DD. Hated them! Sure they were great at first but the valving inside them is junk. I blew a front my first trip out and shortly after that I chased a banging sound for ever in the rear. Turned out there was about a 2" dead spot in the valving. Switched over to 5100 all around and these things are like night and day. Saying 5100 are better is an understatement!

Bilstein, Fox, OME should help.

Back