• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help with loose steering!

Xjdream24

NAXJA Forum User
my steering wheel is very sensitive.as I'm driving down the road i can feel the car swaying back and forth.it seems as if something with the steering is loose.can anybody help me with this problem I would really appreciate it.

It would help a great deal if you gave us some info about your vehicle.

Year? Engine? Mileage? Lifted? If lifted what brand? Tire size? Overall condition of related steering parts (i.e. ball joints, tie rod ends, track bar)....

It would also help you to get more responses if you asked your question in the OEM tech forum.

Best way to find something loose in the steering is to turn on the key to on (engine off) and have someone turn the wheel back and forth, in my experiance you need to do it pretty hard. Check all your bolts on control arms, check the steering box bolts. Check the axle and chassis trac bar bolts check the trac bar mount bolts. Lots of things can be loose. If you check and tighten all that and its still loose, pm me and we can see what's going on sometime this week. But use a breaker bar and tighten all the bolts first.

Peace
Ted

Back