• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need to Borrow Trailer.

JohnX

Sarge
NAXJA Member
Trying to make it to Rockfest in AZ next weekend. My usual trailer is being redecked and will most likely not be done in time.:rattle:

Needs to fit and average width built Jeep. (meaning a little wider than stock, but not full width axles or anything) I would need to pick it up by next wednesday (21st) evening at the lastest. And would be back from AZ the following Sunday (25th).

I towed with a uhual for 2 years before i bought my trailer. Towed to the rubicon twice with it. Just dont tell them it has over sized tires and youre good. Oh and the brakes suck.
they had no problem with mine having 35's when i towed it. i told them and they said just bring your own tie downs because their tire straps wont fit. this was both the 1800 number and the uhaul place where i picked it up that said that.

The place i rented from wouldn't allow you to use your own strap. They said the trailer wasn't setup for it, didnt have the proper tie down points and technically it doesn't.
huh, weird, they never mentioned that. maybe they changed their policy and trailers, i didnt recall having an issue with tie down points. this was a couple months ago.

uhaul can be super sketchy about not letting you rent their equipment. I guess when you rent a ton of trailers all over the country, you know what works and what doesnt...

Hate to say it, but i had to rent one one time, and they wouldnt clear it to tow my lifted jeep, so i lied and told them a miata. An hour later, i realize the wheel straps wont clear a 33" tire...

uhaul can be super sketchy about not letting you rent their equipment. I guess when you rent a ton of trailers all over the country, you know what works and what doesnt...

Hate to say it, but i had to rent one one time, and they wouldnt clear it to tow my lifted jeep, so i lied and told them a miata. An hour later, i realize the wheel straps wont clear a 33" tire...
yea i know, they said i couldnt tow a small trailer with my ford explorer but a mazda navajo or mercury mountaineer were ok :dunno:

but i double checked about the oversized tire thing because i had to tow it a long way and i didnt want liability issues.

Ya you have to use your own straps and make it work. I did for 2 years and many miles. It wasnt fun and it didnt look pretty but it worked.

IMG00115-20100522-1032.jpg

JohnX, come down i will hook you up with an Auto transport at a special price i am the Gm runnin the center at D st and rialto. I will enter the jeep in the system and what you do after your hooked up is all you and yes the straps are set up for stock tires Nobody will touch my prices ;) $54,95 per day intown price bring it back to my center i will roll this into a package deal no worries if i take care of you. By the way i have a lot half full ready to rock in the pic above thats probably a 6k AT i have 7k and 7.5k i have them all

Last edited:
yea i know, they said i couldnt tow a small trailer with my ford explorer but a mazda navajo or mercury mountaineer were ok :dunno:

the explorer has been blacklisted by uhaul after the whole tire tread seperation issues they were having in the... 90's?

the explorer has been blacklisted by uhaul after the whole tire tread seperation issues they were having in the... 90's?
i know, but it's funny how a rebadged version of the exact same vehicle can tow it. and im pretty sure all those firestone tires are off the road at this point anyways, time to revisit that rule.

Thats the normal price. What I paid every time.

Thats what you got it for i have a surplus of trailers waitin to hit the road. If its 1 day its 54.95 if it more than a couple well like i said come in and walk away with a good deal on paper. I can modify anything within reason customer is happy and the center makes some money. All wheels must turn

i know, but it's funny how a rebadged version of the exact same vehicle can tow it. and im pretty sure all those firestone tires are off the road at this point anyways, time to revisit that rule.

Big lawsuit back in the day it was ugly all the way around. Its not the power of the truck that pulls its the combination of the vehicle and the trailer, if it out weights the pulling vehicle it will control it and not end well.

Call me.

Back