• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97+ seat tracks in 96 XJ?

ArmyInfantry

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, been lurking on the forum for a few months while deployed. My friend back home found me an XJ, and is getting some things on it ready for me when I get back home next month.
The XJ is an 96, it was a mail truck, so it had a hokey right hand conversion done (being swapped back now). When the post office did the conversion, they threw away the driver's seat and the seat track. My friend has a seat, but no seat track.
Will the seat track from the 97 and up work on a 96? I am having a hard time finding pre 97, and he doesn't have the time to crawl junkyards.
Would this work, found it on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/97-01-JEEP-...kee&hash=item19ce8e9679&vxp=mtr#ht_500wt_1180

Last edited:
Great. I should clarify something too, I have nothing in the driver's side, so I don't have the track or the base that the track goes in. My concern is the bolt pattern that hooks up the floor to the track base.

It actually changed in '94 or '95. Either way, you should be good.

As they stated, the later model (old body style) had the cross bar in the floor that the 97+ use.

Back