• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Finally: 1991 MJ

jakeWI

NAXJA Forum User
So I sold my jeep this past weekend because I have been wanting to build something different. I really wanted to build an MJ. Well after looking and looking near me, everything was rotted out crap. Drove to Racine this morning for a complete dive that the guy pretty much lied about the whole thing, thinking I might be some idiot.

Anyway, I ended up picking up a 1991 Jeep Comanche Eliminator.

Shortbed, 4.O, 118k, 2wd, shortbed roll bar, factory bed mat, original interior and clean:

P3100014.jpg

P3100015.jpg

P3100016.jpg

P3100017.jpg

P3100019.jpg

Within the nearest future I plan on converting to 4wd obviously. Paint.

Then the real build will start to happen.

Was that originally pink or is it really faded red?

looks like mine was when I got it, all the same options except I didn't get a roll bar, just a hell of a lot more rust.

It was originally white. Then one of the previous owners painted it pink for their daughters first vehicle and she didn't want the jeep so they got rid of it to the guy I bought it from. The red at the bottom was a rust preventative paint I think. Why red, idk.

I was trying to find a rust free one even if it had no motor. The first one I looked at this morning while a pile of crap. Guy lied his ass off. But then I got my hands on this. The 2wd and pink dont bother me. 4wd swap is easy enough and the pink can be painted.

Nice

Nice.. Looks straight. Cant wait to see how this one turns out!

Nice.. Looks straight. Cant wait to see how this one turns out!

Thanks!

It will be slower then my XJ for sure. Paint and the 4x4 swap is going to take up the first big portion of time and cash. But I can't wait. I have been spending a lot of time trying to figure out how I want to go about building this one and the size I want.

Can I have your floorboards. :yelclap:

Digging the color though.......jeeps for juggs

Well been waiting to start tearing into the parts jeep and get working on pinky.

1987 metric ton long bed. 109k on it. Rusty as heck. D44, disco d30, 4x4.

P3150003.jpg

P3150001.jpg

P3150002.jpg

Back