• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SmittyBilt XRC bumper

Reverend Jim

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone using the SmittyBilt XRC rear tire carrier bumper? I'm looking for a tire carrier/bumper for my DD to free up some cargo space. I don't need anything bulletproof, just something functional. Any thoughts or pic's, and/or alternatives would be appreciated.

I like the look of the Smittybilt front bumper, but it's too expensive. The rear bumper is fugly and overpriced as well. :puke:

I still need to build a rear bumper, I built my own front - I think it looks pretty damn good and I know it's solid.

img0536asm.jpg

Time for a matching rear! :D

Checked out JCR's site. Their bumper and carrier is $400 more than the XRC, not including shipping. I'll keep looking. Maybe find a local welder willing to do the work. :dunno:

landlfabrication.com , dirtboundoffroad, or jcr.

....I built my own front - I think it looks pretty damn good and I know it's solid.
Hell yea! Nice work man.... any chance you got some plans you wouldn't mind sharing?

98Red, I found the XRC for $637 and free shipping. Some state that it's made in China, SmittyBilt says, "not true". I really just need a tire carrier. Who knew it would be this hard to find one reasonably priced?!

I have 33X12.5's with a 4.5" lift. The spare takes up the entire rear cargo area. I bought a tire carrier that uses the hitch, but that set up doesn't allow you to use the rear hatch. I tried putting it on the roof rack, but almost had a heart attack when I tried to get it down! If I was 30 years younger that wouldn't be a problem, sh*t gets heavier when you get older. I need access to the cargo area for work, so it's got go.

I like the look of the Smittybilt front bumper, but it's too expensive. The rear bumper is fugly and overpriced as well. :puke:

I still need to build a rear bumper, I built my own front - I think it looks pretty damn good and I know it's solid.

img0536asm.jpg

Time for a matching rear! :D

You should make those and sell them. And give me one for free for giving you such a great idea.

I have 33X12.5's with a 4.5" lift. The spare takes up the entire rear cargo area. I bought a tire carrier that uses the hitch, but that set up doesn't allow you to use the rear hatch. I tried putting it on the roof rack, but almost had a heart attack when I tried to get it down! If I was 30 years younger that wouldn't be a problem, sh*t gets heavier when you get older. I need access to the cargo area for work, so it's got go.

That makes sense. Even with the lower price of the Smittybilt I wouldn't put one on my Jeep because it's so big and ugly... At least JCR / Dirtbound have some good looking ones.

Voteban, I've never seen one,(SmittyBilt XRC), in person. Only a generic photo. That's why I asked here for input. It seems most everyone here has quite a bit of knowledge on this topic. When I figure out what I am going with, I'll post up a few pic's. Thanks for everyone's advice so far.

Hit up detours and see if mark is selling the tailbone system again. Cheap functional and smexy
d0362790-3dd7-3895.jpg
not to mention tough as hell

I like the tailbone for a base to build off of, but I've never been a huge fan of stock Cherokee bumpers (as far as looks go). Also, I'm pretty sure those are on mega-backorder or something along those lines. There was a thread about it awhile back.

Still unavailable they are, I was gonna buy one and fab new brackets to bolt it to my JCR (that I bought without a tire carrier, duh)

Back