• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shot master cylinder

H8PVMT

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Might have lucked out and won't have to pull the tranny to check the slave, does anyone have a good recommendation for a replacement aside from the dealer? And should i replace the whole fuse panel, some nasty corrosion from previous owner not noticing

With all that fluid can't imagine why the floors have gone missing

89 ax15 2wd

Disassemble the fuse panel and see what kind of shape its in, might have dodged the bullet.

Try rockauto for the master. Their prices are usually pretty good and their parts are quality, only thing I have been burned on was some extremely cheap, low quality korean and indonesian motor mounts.

I converted over to a Howe Racing MC. It has stainless steel sleeves and can be rebuilt. Well worth the trouble. You should be able to find info on it if you do a search on Howe.

By the way, it was cheaper too.

Pretty sure the fuse panel is toasted, filled the mc last night and put a towel under the tranny, was clean this morning, pumped the clutch and soaked my sock in brake fluid, went and looked and the fuse panel is white with corrosion from the leak

Thanks for the info old man, gonna get a cheap one just to see if this solves the tranny issue, then ill do the upgrades. First is replacing rotted fuel line :flame:

Back