• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mooch

Icemans

NAXJA Forum User
So I started off with a stock 98 Jeep Cherokee that had a reconstructed title because of some front end damage. I drove it that way for about 6 months when I found a Cherokee that was parts and pieces in Tacoma. I traded my SV1000 for that rig and a bunch of other parts. It had a 5-1/2 in RE short arm lift with drop brackets, tires and wheels, and a bunch of other stuff. I put the lift, tires, and wheels on it, and I sold most of the parts and pieces that came with it because they were for an early model.
From the money that I got from all the parts I bought a Iron scorpion front bumper (was a weld together kit,) Olympic Rock Sliders, Cobra CB radio with antenna and mount, and a bunch of recovery stuff. All that was put on the rig and we wheeled it for a year before any modifications were done.

039.jpg

7-1-2010176.jpg

We had some problems with it losing coolant but I couldn't figure out were it was coming from. After a whole lot of searching I found out that the freeze plugs were leaking so I had to change those. I did them all since I was in there.

12-6-2010196.jpg

12-6-2010199.jpg

When tax return time came around my wife said do you need any Jeep parts. What should a guy say when he's asked that question. YES
So I bought a set of 15x8 Trailready beadlocks and a Teraflex High Steer Kit.

NewWheels003.jpg

After this happened I thought they don't look that good just sitting on the garage floor.

065.jpg

So I installed them with the High Steer.

003-1.jpg

Picture2103.jpg

005.jpg

Last edited:
So as you can see we also added some Bushwacker Flat flares for the Cherokee. I think they look good all though I got a great deal on them at over $150 off. Otherwise I would not of bought them I would of made steel flat flares.

That brings us to present. I just did a whole bunch of upgrades and am very happy with the way the jeep is looking and performing.

I was talking with Dellstopjeep at work one morning and he said he was thinking about parting out his rig. I asked what he would sell me his axles for and it was such a good deal I bought them. They are a Dana 44 HP front Narrowed to Waggy width with an air operated OX locker in the front and a XJ Dana 44 rear with a spool. They both have 4.56 gears in them and the rear has a Tera Flex Disk Break conversion that he installed.

misc2-27-2012012.jpg

misc2-27-2012013.jpg

misc2-27-2012015.jpg

misc2-27-2012017.jpg

I tied in the e-break cables a different way because this kits is for a pre-97 and late models must be different so I had to improvise

misc2-27-2012021.jpg

I took the Spool out of the back and installed an ARB. I don't like the spool for multiple reasons but the main reason is I drive this rig every day for work and don't like the way it handles on the road.

misc2-27-2012026.jpg

misc2-27-2012027.jpg

misc2-27-2012030.jpg

misc2-27-2012050.jpg

I also had to buy an air system for the air lockers. So I opted for a Viair Constant duty compressor system with a tank.
I had to make mounts in the back because I couldn't find a good spot to mount it under the hood.

misc2-27-2012040.jpg

misc2-27-2012036.jpg

misc2-27-2012041.jpg

misc2-27-2012043.jpg

misc2-27-2012042.jpg

Now I had to do the switches. Late models are a little harder to find good places to mount switches so I put them were the old ash tray is. So I did we cut out a peace of stainless and mounted the switches in that. I think they look fairly decent. I tucked all the wiring in nice and neat behind the panels. Man that carpet needs to be changed out the last owner destroyed it and I have not done any justice either.

misc2-27-2012053.jpg

misc2-27-2012052.jpg

misc2-27-2012051.jpg

[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo310/allen_wrench1000/misc2-27-2012060.jpg

2012-03-05_21-30-07_557.jpg

So I still have some lines to run to the front locker. I also need to button up the regulator in the back and build some kind of shield that stuff so it doesn't get hint when we are bouncing around. That will come in the next couple weeks.

Today I went and picked up my tires 35x12.50x15 MTR'S. I bought these because they seem to do better in the snow then the BFG's (IMO,) and in my other club everyone run's BFG's. So I wanted something a little different but I knew these would still work well.

2012-03-05_12-07-35_733.jpg

2012-03-05_17-27-02_919.jpg

2012-03-05_17-27-22_695.jpg

I wish I could still have my beadlocks because I think they made the look of the jeep. But they were 5x4.5 lug pattern and the new front axle is 5x5.5 so I had to change. I will buy new ones someday but I spent my money on other things this time. I think it's coming along well and should be a point and shoot rig when I'm done.

Do you like the Teraflex kit?

I did like it but I didn't install the track bar relocation bracket from genrite correctly so I don't think it was perfect. I was also having problems with getting the tires balanced because (a year later) I found out that I had something wrong with those tires because I put new ones on and it fixed the death wobble. All in All I would recommend this kit to anyone it worked well held up amazing and was a good strong upgrade for the Dana 30.

u missed a freeze plug on the rear of the block!

Nice looking rig tho and sick wheels!

I didn't miss the ones in the back I just decided to wait until the tranny comes out. Next year (hopefully) it's getting a higher stall converter, and a 4spd atlas. I will do those when all that's out. Thanks for noticing. :)

Thanks!

After talking about the freeze plugs and the ones i didnt do on the back of the block. I relized today that one of them is leaking after seeing some coolant on the ground. Boy isnt that karma for ya.

haha sorry=[

Back