• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Supplies?

CaliXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I've never been to Calico and lets face it, With the cost of gas these days I'd really like to lighten my load for the 3hr+ drive up there. Where is the closest town/store for food and firewood for the weekend?

Barstow..

I figure I'll just live off the "Popcorn & Icee Drink Wagon". Breakfast of Champions!

pretty sure you'll burn more gas driving the extra half hour round trip than you would if you just carried 3 days of supplies with you lol

You go THROUGH Barstow en route to Calico from down our way. So if you grab ice/food/beer/water there it might make sense. If you grab wood while you're there, though, you may delay your arrival.

pretty sure you'll burn more gas driving the extra half hour round trip than you would if you just carried 3 days of supplies with you lol

But i'll pass right throught Barstow on the way to Calico. Easy enough to make a stop for food beer and wood!

Soda pop? That fancy stuff from new york city? I reckoned they yould just have sasparilla, being a ghost toen and all.

Back