• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front brake pads

jeeptec

NAXJA Forum User
what are you guys and girls running for front pads. i turned my rotors on saturday. sanded to pads as they had about 75% left. now the thing went from a slight pulsation that stopped to no pulsation but wont stop.

I run the Napa Safety stop pads and their premium rotors. If you do not have a renix, or have swapped to newer better brakes, I hear black magic pads are supposed to be where it's at.

I'm using the hawk LTS pads and those work good too. I do hear good thing about the black magic pads, but I have not used them myself.

I have also heard good things about BM pads, i think its best to run them with the premium rotors. Or you can just swap everything over to the WJ set up?

I picked up some EBC yellowstuff to try, but haven't had a reason to yet. The JY pads that came with my WJ setup stop great!

OP: did you break in the new pads?

NAPA premium.

Warped rotors usually warp again after turning. Replace both rotors and bed or break in the new brakes properly. Cheap brake parts a more prone to short service life and/or warping. Buy good quality parts

You are right I did.I completely forgot.anyway I installed a set of Napa Safety stop pads.big difference.it stops now.the black magic pads look nice.just didn't have the bucks to shell out for them.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

You are right I did.I completely forgot.anyway I installed a set of Napa Safety stop pads.big difference.it stops now.the black magic pads look nice.just didn't have the bucks to shell out for them.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Heads up.. you will get crap for the Tapatalk sig from the mod/bod

Back