• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MAT sensor for 1988 XJ.

Dubster

NAXJA Forum User
Cannot find one local or online. Jeep dealer says it's discontinuted. Anybody know where I can find one? Intake Manifold Temp Sensor. Threads into the top back of intake manifold with two wire pig tail and plug.

Thanks,

Dub

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been looking for a year or so now with no luck. I think the HO, 91-95 will fit and work, but the e-connector is different, and would require modification. Some sites like ebay that list it have have the wrong connector, and show the same part for 87-95

Its been a year or so but I believe it was a echlin.

I got the part number from one of the RENIX gurus on here, may have been 5-90

NAPA had the sensor in stock. I was unable to find it on the website as well at the time.

Did it plug right in?

Yes, maybe I should have bought a few of them while I could. I do remember switching the plug end or something. It came with a nycopac connector and the pins were correct but the connector itself had to be switched with the old one due to both being male or female, can't remember which way it was but it only took me 5 minutes to switch the connector. Just pushed the pins out of the wrong one and into the correct one.

If I remember correctly, this MAT is for a late 80's GM vehicle but is the same as the RENIX

A lot of the Renix jeep parts were GM parts.

Cannot find one local or online. Jeep dealer says it's discontinuted. Anybody know where I can find one? Intake Manifold Temp Sensor. Threads into the top back of intake manifold with two wire pig tail and plug.

Thanks,

Dub

(I didn't edit your post, I just hit the wrong button.)

That's a standard GM part of the vintage, which should be available anywhere. You may need to adapt the plug.

Last time I needed to get some, I got it from Marren Fuel Injection (www.injector.com, IIRC.) The plug on the thing is different, but it came with a pigtail adapter - I used the tail off of the old sensor for the other end, and had a short adapter plug for squat.

Save the TPS and HEGO, most of the sensors on the RENIX engine are fairly standard GM parts, which actually makes them much easier to find (because GM sensors are often used in kitbuilds and conversions.) Dealing with Marren should allow you to replace most of your sensors for a reasonable price.

Oh - and it's "IAT" for "Intake Air Temperature" sensor. Just so we're all on the same page...

(I didn't edit your post, I just hit the wrong button.)

That's a standard GM part of the vintage, which should be available anywhere. You may need to adapt the plug.

Last time I needed to get some, I got it from Marren Fuel Injection (www.injector.com, IIRC.) The plug on the thing is different, but it came with a pigtail adapter - I used the tail off of the old sensor for the other end, and had a short adapter plug for squat.

Save the TPS and HEGO, most of the sensors on the RENIX engine are fairly standard GM parts, which actually makes them much easier to find (because GM sensors are often used in kitbuilds and conversions.) Dealing with Marren should allow you to replace most of your sensors for a reasonable price.

Oh - and it's "IAT" for "Intake Air Temperature" sensor. Just so we're all on the same page...

If you mean this one, it looks like they throw in the matting connector now!!!

http://www.injector.com/cart/pc/Air-Charge-Temperature-Sensor-Part-No-1814-12p65.htm

Oh, and sometimes it helps to know the alternate computer name for the part. I have seen three, IAT, MAT and I forget the third, LOL!

ACT is the third common "name" for it-- Air Charge Temperature sensor

BINGO! That is what Autozone's computers called it last time they still had the Renix one!! I liked to never figured that out, LOL.

Back