• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NO BFG A/T 32"??!!!

sartor

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all,
I've got the Rubicon 4 1/2" lift on my 2001 Cherokee and have been riding on the BFG All Terrain 32x11.5R15LT for several years now. Apparently NO ONE has any! I'm lookin' all over town and the stores say they're on back order for who knows how long.

Solution #1 - run the 31's.

Don't want to do that.

Solution #2 - different brand tire, same size.

Not familiar with other brands

Solution #3

Run 33's. Seeing as my 32"'s rub, the 33's will more. Is there a way to get just a bit more clearance with my current lift to clear 33's?

Any other solution that I'm not seeing at the moment?

rubbing where? what wheels are you using? get a set of wheels with less back space. this usually cures the rubbing, unless you are talking about rubbing the fender flares. then bump stops are your answer. you may also want to look online for mail order tires. you may not have any 32s near you, but there may be some that can be shipped.

I believe only the fronts are rubbing. The front flares were torn off long ago by this rubbing, and now the tires rub on the fender steel just a bit.

So, what are bumper stops? I think I understand though. Would bumper stops limit the amount of travel that the tire/suspension travels up into the wheel well? And aren't there times when I want that travel?

Btw, I've got the 4 1/2" lift with the short-arm kit.

I'll check into the online ordering for the tires. Hadn't thought of that.

Might a coil spacer give me enough clearance to run 33" bfg's?

What are the pros and cons of coil spacers anyway?

Trim your fenders where they rub. 4.5" should be plenty for 32s or even 33s. I'm at 5.5" and could easily run 37s with the amount of trimming I did. :D

Trim your fenders where they rub. 4.5" should be plenty for 32s or even 33s. I'm at 5.5" and could easily run 37s with the amount of trimming I did. :D

This is true, I'm running a bit less than 4" of lift and I'm planning on 33s after my 32" BFG A/T's wear out all the way. They're gouged and munched because I haven't trimmed anything yet.

I bought Napier flares and I'll bumpstop properly after I install my flares :D

Here's all the 32" tires on Discount Tire http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/searchTiresBySize.do?r=UTSINT%7Cpc%7C84043&cs=32&ar=1150&rd=15

My girlfriend has the Falken Rocky Mountain ATS' and they kick the crap out of my BFG A/Ts in every way. Quieter on the road, better in the snow, better in the dirt, stickier in the rocks. The only bad thing about them is that they aren't very awesome in deep sticky mud. But neither are BFG A/Ts.
With any AT tire their performance in mud is less than a MT, that is just how it is.
I have not run the Falken's myself yet, but hear good things. And I would have picked some up when I was on the market for tires, but got a great deal on used wheels/tires. There are definitely better tires than the BFG AT KO. IMO, they blow chunks.

With any AT tire their performance in mud is less than a MT, that is just how it is.

There are definitely better tires than the BFG AT KO. IMO, they blow chunks.

Exactly, I'm not super happy with mine, But I got 5 tires (One brand new 4 at about 50-60% tread) / 4 awesome wheels for $400! So, when it comes time to replace these I'll either be buying 33" Falkens or Duratracs.

Exactly, I'm not super happy with mine, But I got 5 tires (One brand new 4 at about 50-60% tread) / 4 awesome wheels for $400! So, when it comes time to replace these I'll either be buying 33" Falkens or Duratracs.
I got my current, (4) 31x10.50 Bridgestone Dueler At 693/wheels on c-list for 275. Originally only wanted to step up to a 30x9.5, but the deal was too good to pass up. Wasn't a big fan of the wheels initially, they are Enkei 2 piece alum, looks similar to the original AR Outlaw, but design is a lil different.

The 693 is probably my 2nd fave tire to the Bridgestone Dueler REVO/2, they are pricey but still considered them. When I was considering new tires these were my choices, in no particular order, Falken Wildpeak AT (Rocky Mountain ATS is basically identical but a DT/DTD exclusive), Kelly Safari TSR ( similar, basically same as GY Duratrac but cheaper price), GY Wrangler MT/r Kevlar (At the time the price was decent/less than the REVO2) Firestone Desination AT
Another tire to look into (not sure if made in 32x11.50) but the Falken High country seems to be cheaper than the wildpeak also.
If you have a bigbrand tire near you, I would check them out as well. Good prices, most beat discount tire (although they will price match)

I just got done shopping for 35x12.50 15s and no one had any of that size in anything till april may-ish and that just wont cut it for Moab safari...

Lots of bfgs and goodyears are on backorder from what ive found out. End result I bought procomps from 4 wheel parts because of the deal the started this month.

I have ran 31s 10.50s for years and watched people with those 32s rub more offen then not. If you want to not rub I would say buy 31s or trim and go 33s.

Or wait till you can get them:rof:

I was going to suggest Duratracs too. Similar class tire to the BFG AT, but a little softer. They will hook up better, ride nicer, maybe not last as long.

We plan to run 33" Duratracs on the KOH car at Glen Helen this summer.

I was going to suggest Duratracs too. Similar class tire to the BFG AT, but a little softer. They will hook up better, ride nicer, maybe not last as long.

We plan to run 33" Duratracs on the KOH car at Glen Helen this summer.

I thought they had thin sidewalls? I think they're an awesome tire, buy maybe not in a racing application..

The only reason I'd consider the Falkens over the Duratracs is the 50k mile warranty. For an extra $20 a tire I could get the Discount Tire no questions asked warranty though..

I thought they had thin sidewalls? I think they're an awesome tire, buy maybe not in a racing application..

The only reason I'd consider the Falkens over the Duratracs is the 50k mile warranty. For an extra $20 a tire I could get the Discount Tire no questions asked warranty though..

Glen Helen is a short course style race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGYc4iAi0CM

Thin sidewalls shouldnt much of a problem there, if the tires grab well. It's that or the MT/R, and the Duratrac may hook up a little better on that course. We expect given the amount of power we are putting out and how insane our driver is, that we will do very well on this course.

If the car holds together..

Back