• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for a good diff shop in riverside county to finally gear up my 89

First, what rear axle do you have? Also is it a vacuum D-30? Fix both of these. Don't want to throw money at a turd. Plus if you were to get two good axles out of a junk yard on half off day. Remove all the guts and clean them. Buy all the parts and drop them off at your gear shop. This will $ave you ton$. When done spend a day swapping them out with whats under there. Take axles back to junkyard as cores to score some money back. Oh and pick up grand disks for the rear while your there.

being an 89 he probably has the D35 rear. so do as weazle say's and make a junk yard run for an upgrade (D44-CH9.25-Ford8.8). if he has the antilock, he may have the better HP D30 with the larger joints and non disco. if so you might want to go ahead and re-gear that one. if it is a LP D30 then back to the junk yard to find an HP D30.
and from what i keep hearing, jeeperjohn and robert are the go to guys for gear set up.

Or maybe he made the switch? And was just looking for a good gear shop/installer. :)
I too hear that jeeperjohn and robert from rwkhaussupply are the go to guys.

Back