• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BFG KM2 or ProComp MT

Royal_Highness

NAXJA Forum User
Can't find any Goodyear MTRs anywhere... Moving on to my next choices BFG KM2 or ProComp MT.

Only tires I have purchased were Bridgestone Duller AT Revos I loved the tires. It's time to move up to some big boy tires.

Has anyone had these and liked them?

Not like them for a particular reason?

I like my KM2's for about everything. Had no issues on .25" of ice and they grab good in the mud. Pro comps are overrated and overpriced IMO.

I like my KM2's for about everything. Had no issues on .25" of ice and they grab good in the mud. Pro comps are overrated and overpriced IMO.

the ProComps are 75 bucks cheaper then the KM2 so the debate in my mind was should I spend the extra or not.

Spend the extra, I love my 33" km2's. Wear like iron on the street, but grip is great in the dirt. Not to loud either, no more than all terrains.

Spend the extra. I've had both. The ProComp's are loud and believe it or not, despite their aggressive tread pattern, weren't any better than the KM2's in mud and soft stuff. They are nerve racking on the road, too.

the ProComps are 75 bucks cheaper then the KM2 so the debate in my mind was should I spend the extra or not.
My size they weren't but I also got a 90% tread set of 5 for 550 so.......that was a no brainer!

What size?

I've been waiting on a 35/15 KM2 since November, still no production date in sight.

Not real happy about that...

Robert

What size?

I've been waiting on a 35/15 KM2 since November, still no production date in sight.

Robert

Yeah I got told may for the KM2 35x12.50 15.
So that left Procomp in budget for tires.
Just ordered $935 with tax

At least with the noise that you all describe, I wont have to listen to the woman complain about the ride in the jeep to Moab.

I think he said 35's, and my local Discount Tire shows they could have 5x of them in stock in 4 days.

I wouldn't get procomps no matter what, their reviews suck and i've never seen a set of them that weren't worn out. Pretty sure they just come bald from the factory or wear out after 10k miles.

Yeah I got told may for the KM2 35x12.50 15.
So that left Procomp in budget for tires.
Just ordered $935 with tax

At least with the noise that you all describe, I wont have to listen to the woman complain about the ride in the jeep to Moab.

Same here, I ended up with Pro Comps because MT/R's and KM2's are way out there on backorder. I like them so far, but Ihave yet to wheel them and might have 500 miles on them.

Are you looking at the Pro Comp MT's or the Pro Comp Extreme MT's? I don't run Pro Comp Extreme MT's, but have seen them work VERY well in the rocks in both 33's and 35's. Better than the Pro Comp MT's. If I was looking for a new set, I would have bought the "Extremes".

A.

Id go with something else...Pro Comp MT's are horrible...A buddy of mine had them and they are loud and wear like crazy....not bad offroad.

Someone else said Maxxis Bighorn...those are nice...what about Firestone MT?

I just try to stay away from Pro Comp.

What size?

Robert

4 wheel parts has them..and my local tire guy doesn't have a problem getting them as of last week.

I love my KM2's, they are not loud at all for a mud terrain tire on the road..wear great and do awesome off road.

yea when I first got tires i had a set of 32 procomps they wore down so fast. then i switch to a 33 bfg km2 loved them then went on to a 35 bfg km2

Back