• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Picture of timing cover setup on 2000 XJ please

tommy54

NAXJA Forum User
Can someone post a picture of the timing cover setup by the alternator on a 2000 cherokee? It's an automatic with AC, and it's the federal emissions(so it doesn't have the pre-cats), not sure if that affects anything in the serpentine setup or not.
I'm using a 1990 block in a 2000 cherokee and found a very small difference in the block castings. I'm using the 2000 timing cover. Problem has to do with one of the studs that goes through the timing cover through the alternator bracket.
If I could see what the setup looks like I'll be able to make the decision to drill out the old block threads. I'm just scared to start drilling without knowing for sure.
On the 2000 there are two bolts that go through the timing cover, block and bracket. On the 90 it looks like only one of those goes all the way through, the other threads into the block.
I also don't remember why the studs are necessary, I can't remember what bolts on to them.

Last edited:
Back