• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front end question

XJ-Jake

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys! I'm new on here but not to jeeps but still have a question.. I have an 88XJ with a four inch lift. Did aal in the rear with a lift shackle. With the aal and using the lift shackle the old girl looks like shes doing a nose dive. I'm wondering if I should use a budget boost in the front or just buy new coils. And then on top of that I was told I should go to a different track bar with that much lift in the front which will be around 6 inches. Any help or opinions are appreciated. Thanks guys.

Sure, you could do a budget boost in the front or new coils, doesn't really matter. In your situation I would do spacers because the AAL could sag in the future, and you could just take out the spacer to compensate. For the trackbar, you really should be running an adjustable one at that height. Many of our vendors carry them, check em out

I have a local shop that I deal with thru are the ones that suggested it in the first place. If I don't run one right away what am I getting into? Damage?

You can probably get a better price through the vendors on here, plus if you get a membership, you get a discount with a lot of them. And yes, damage is possible. If the rod end is maxed out then when it travels down, it can bind and possibly break the TRE in the trackbar

Back