• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Teraflex disc brakes for dana 44 question

spdyracer

NAXJA Forum User
does anyone know if the brakes come with a new bracket for the axles? the bracket that holds the axles on. i just had my 44 rebuilt and the guy is waiting to press the bearings on until i find this out. i have the brakes ordered but don't have them yet and not sure when they'll be here. also if they do come with the bracket is it different than the stock one. if its not im just going to have him use the stock one and get everything together.

Are you talking about the retainer plate?

The kit comes with a spacer that goes between the retainer and seal/bearing assembly...so, yeah, wait for the parts to show.

I have the kit, it comes with the retainer and the spacer. The spacer in my kit was not proper size, had to enlarge the ID on a lathe.

The spacer idea is completely bad, watch when you put the axles inside the housing so it does not slide out of proper position. Dont ask how I know.

Next time I will take the axles out I will go with modified TJ retainers. The spacers suck .....

what part number did you guy use for this kit? is it this one? http://www.quadratec.com/products/12700_414.htm

also if you get the kit and you want to use your stock shafts as spares, do you have to put on the spacer from the kit to work? - sounds like a bit of trouble.

Are you talking about the retainer plate?

The kit comes with a spacer that goes between the retainer and seal/bearing assembly...so, yeah, wait for the parts to show.

yes the retainer plate for the axles. thanks guys you answered my question and then some. ill let the guy building my 44 to hold off on the axles until i get my parts. thanks again for the help

Back