• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough Starting and bad hesitation.

Mudboy

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all, I have a 96 cherokee that I'm having a couple issues with. It will start fine first thing after sitting for a while however if I drive to the store and it sits for only 5 mins or so, it will flood out. I have to hold the gas pedal to the floor for it to start. After I do this it will run like total garbage for a couple of minutes until I clear the excess gas out of the cylinders. At that point I'm able to drive it without stalling. However If I'm at a stop and then go it will fall on it's face then take off. It doies this so bad that I have actually stalled it by hitting the gas too hard. I'm thinking leaky injectors or maybe fuel pressure regulator? Anything else I should check? How do I test the FPR? Thanks in adavance

check codes........
key-on, off, on, off on and stay on and count number of times the CEL flashes.

I had some similar issue's, a hesitation of sorts and it was a faulty o2 sensor.

Back