• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bastard pack question

baja dan

NAXJA Forum User
Ive got two sets of xj leaf packs that i want to put together. My question is this if I was to stack both packs making sure I cut the leafs to stagger them accordingly. How much lift would I achieve in the rear while also having a 1.5 shackle. Both leaf packs are in decent shape they will go on a 96 xj 2door. thanks in advance.

that is what i did on my XJ, but i only used a donor main leaf with the eyes cut off. i later added 1.5 lift shackles to the mix.
right now i sit at 2.5 inches or so.

just the XJ main from a donor only gains you about 1.5 inches, and mine settled over time so i added the shackle plus Grand cherokee V8 springs in front for more lift.

i'm running a new stock pack with an extra stock main leaf added to it. it rides better than the old worn out springs. with the shackles being relocated and using a creeper joint for the shackle mount i'm sitting about 2.5in of lift measuring from the top of the axle to the "frame".

Back