• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock Alternator Wiring 93 Country

Spawn 93

NAXJA Forum User
Alright, I searched and can't find specs for my Jeep:

93 Country 4.0 AW4 4x4

My alternator is shot. As in was wheeling and pretty much bathed the engine compartment in thick muddy water.

Pulling the alternator this afternoon, the ground connection has the weird looking plastic thing with the two tiny wires coming out of it to the alternator. They look like they go to green wires in the wiring harness. What is this and how do I replace or eliminate it??

I can get pix in the morning.

Alright, I searched and can't find specs for my Jeep:

93 Country 4.0 AW4 4x4

My alternator is shot. As in was wheeling and pretty much bathed the engine compartment in thick muddy water.

Pulling the alternator this afternoon, the ground connection has the weird looking plastic thing with the two tiny wires coming out of it to the alternator. They look like they go to green wires in the wiring harness. What is this and how do I replace or eliminate it??

I can get pix in the morning.

You can't / should not. Those tiny wires are the control for the alternator. One wire is the from the ignition to get the alternator charging and the other is the voltage sence wire that is used to regulate the output. The regulator is built into the PCM.

Back