• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

temecula cb help

kayle666

NAXJA Forum User
HEY! anyone here in town can help me do a SWR calibration on my cb?
just installed it for TDS and not sure if im transmitting i will provide a beverage!
:gee:

or if your in town and can turn on you cb and see if you can hear me lemme know!

thanks!

I am in temecula but do not have an SWR meter, I am almost positive ChipClip has an SWR meter and he is in Murrieta. It would be nice to meet you anyway seeing how close you are. We will both be out at TDS as well maybe we can meet up

newbie ill be outside playing working on the jeep ill leave the cb on channel 4.

gold its a cobra 29 wx st and has an swr cal feature but i have no instructions/idea on how to use it
thanks!

I have to same one but I got it back in like '05 or something. google the model and put "instruction manual" behind it and you should be able to get something, or go to the cobra site and I'm pretty sure you can download it off their site

thanks hell bent ill try that!
Mike i do but im not driving the yeep to work lol
2stix i thank you for your offer and may take you up on that!

by the way Mike when are you going green letter! :gee:

tried using the built in SWR meter but i couldnt get it below 3 so ill try marks meter and see what happens then. if still a no go ill either have to have this cb repaired or buy a new one

tried using the built in SWR meter but i couldnt get it below 3 so ill try marks meter and see what happens then. if still a no go ill either have to have this cb repaired or buy a new one

Did you have a tuneable antenna? Have you checked the grounds for the mount? Coax in good shape? A high SWR reading doesn't necessarily mean the CB is broken.

Firestik has a good tech library on the subject (more than you'd ever really want to know):

http://www.firestik.com/Tech_Docs.htm

yeah tuneable antenna (cheapy) coax in good condition, mag mount in center of roof rack.
the PO had used it as a base station and i dont think he ever tuned it so thats why im considering that it may be damaged the built in swr meter wont go below the CAL mark on 40 and on 1 its just pinned

thanks hell bent ill try that!
Mike i do but im not driving the yeep to work lol
2stix i thank you for your offer and may take you up on that!

by the way Mike when are you going green letter! :gee:

I'll go red again in March for the the membership drive as I've done every year.

Too bad you didn't drive the Jeep. I don't normally drive mine either, but I did today, and we could totally test it out with my radio. The office is like like a half a mile away line of sight to Stone, not too far from the Bembo bakery.

Yeah the trip is just a toy not my daily driver specially with the gas price jump that happen this week. And no red go green :eyes:

Did you get this handled? I have an SWR around here someplace... OR... Come out to TDS this weekend, pay the kid in the CB booth $10 and he'll tweek it all in for ya while you stand there drinking a beer.

:cheers:

Back