• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cruise Control Install Question

ShowMe Cherokee

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys... Finally getting ready to install CC on my '98 XJ. I got the clockspring and switches out of a '98, but the servo was in a box of Jeep parts I picked up from a different guy. Looking at the servo, it looks brand new, and is Mopar #53009315. It looks exactly like it is supposed to (correct mounting bracket, etc.), but the electrical plug on my jeep (the one that was zip tied down by the battery) is slightly different than the receiver on the servo and it will not plug in. Looking in my parts manual the '98 servo originally was #4669 979.

I tried google and it looks like the 53009315 was used in all sorts of Mopar vehicles of various years, but I can't nail down if it is supposed to fit mine as well.

Any experts out there that can tell me what servo I have and if I can make it work? Or do I need to start searching for a different servo?

Thanks!

Greg

Are you sure you have located the correct wire plug ?

Why not just get the right parts ? I would guess $15-25 at the junkyard.

Also, be sure you get the correct switches for the CC. 97s and 98 are the same, then Jeep changed the values for the 99 and up and the switches are not interchangeable... The system works by reading the resistors on the circuit boards of the switches. Also, the Air bag is different in the 97/98 years for with and without CC so, it will need to be changed as well.

With all the correct parts, it should be a plug and play. That being said, I would find a donor in the yard for both the Servo and the electrical connector for the Servo as yours is without a doubt corroded from being exposed to the elements. This is what I did when I retrofitted my 98 which is how I learned about the resistor values. If, in the future, you decide to add an overhead console, grab the ambient air sensor and it's connector from a yard. You will not believe how corroded these things get...

Back