• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Carpet compatibility: 2-door & 4-door XJs

1x1_Speed_Craig

NAXJA Forum User
I did some searches here, and via Google, and couldn't turn up anything definitive.

Will the carpet from a 4-door Cherokee fit in a 2-door Cherokee model without any issues? I know the wheelbase is the same, but wasn't sure whether the swap is feasible without a bunch of tweaking.

Vehicles in question are a '99 4-door and a '93 2-door. I already know about the later-model riser in the floor, and the different seat mounting between early- and late-model XJs. I plan on adding risers to the '93.

Thanks,
Craig

don't see why they wouldn't. "floor plan" is the same as far as i can picture in my head. don't you have other stuff to work on first? still got like two years before she can drive it... and the other two projects....

don't see why they wouldn't. "floor plan" is the same as far as i can picture in my head. don't you have other stuff to work on first? still got like two years before she can drive it... and the other two projects....

Fair enough. :laugh3: Actually, someone contacted me looking for some 4-door carpet. I was just wondering whether to hold onto it for Mira's XJ, or sell it.

Craig

AH...that makes sense. But I really do think it'll work. then again, i thougt that rear seat i got from ya would work to...doesn't really latch but doesn't have a hard spot from an exploding can of contact cement either....

They are the same between the two different door models. I have a carpet from my old 2 door in my 4 door at the moment. They were both the same year though.

Back