• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drop Brackets

Whiplash_Syndicate

NAXJA Forum User
I'm going to step up my lift with a set of JK springs I have laying around. From what I've seen its 3.5-4 inches of lift. I have 1.75 spaces and an adj. track bar. I will be installing drop brackets but not sure if i have to get adj. LCA or if I can run with my stock ones for now. It is my DD.

When I bought my Cherokee it had a Rusty's 4.5 lift on it with Rusty's fixed LCAs and stock uppers.

When I replaced the lift (tired and crusty), I lined up my adj uppers and fixed lowers bolt hole to bolt hole and it's been fine with the RC drop brackets.

Basically what I am saying is, I could run my stock uppers right now and be fine. I forget the measurement on the lowers and all my stuff is in transit atm to Louisiana and my heep is in the shop for fab work.

You could give it a shot.

I was considering removing my drop brackets and lowering to 3.5 inches but after talking to some experienced folks here, I am going to stay where I'm at and beef up my drop brackets.

I would go with the RE setup since the bracing goes all the way back to the crossmember and bolts to the uniframe there. I am going to purchase the RE braces seperate from the drop brackets.

I ordered the drop brackets and I'm building a bastard pack this weekend to go with my relocation brackets i ordered. I think i have the suspension setup done but now i haven't thought much about steering. I've looked at Serious and Ruffstuff. The Serious is going to require to many mods that i dont have time to finish over a weekend. I'm wondering if i could run a drop pitman arm till i can spend the time to do the Serious kit.

Back