• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good, Decently Priced Fog Lights

Tim00XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I just installed a new winch bumper with a light bar, and was thinking about purchasing some fog lights within the next month or so.

Which fog lights do you recommend? I've been eyeing up the IPF 968CSG's and Hella 500 Black Magic lights. I'd like to spend no more than $150.

^ funny but true
i watched my buddy slide into a tree on a trail breaking his headlight, header panel, turn signals, ECT but drove home in the dark with the still fully functional and intact walmart lights

Find some used Lightforces like I did! You won't be disappointed!

buy cheap housings and put an HID kit in them. best bang for the buck as far as light output is concerned.

you can get a kit for any bulb style from www.bajaHID.com with a lifetime warranty on the bulbs and ballasts and be set for life :greensmok

^ funny but true
i watched my buddy slide into a tree on a trail breaking his headlight, header panel, turn signals, ECT but drove home in the dark with the still fully functional and intact walmart lights

Lol mine have went through 2 car accidents, ramming through the tailights in both accidents. Broke the glass out and cracked the housing just a little, so i pulled out the glass and ran them how they were. 1 year later... they're under my rear bumper acting as reverse lights, and still working.. with the original bulbs and no glass. .....indestructable i tell you.

you want real fogs? they need to be amber. i really liked the two sets of hella 500s i've had. too bad they dont make amber ones any more, but you can snag a set with clear fog lenses and some yellow rockblocker ~$75

Those ebay lights are really deep front to back which may limit some mounting options.....my hella 500s are awesome but the case toughness leaves a bit to be desired....I'm gonna look up the walmart lights

I picked up 4 Hella 500FFs and 2 Hella 700FFs at $45 a pair and I really like them. No strength / durability issues yet, but only time will tell... Plus, I think they look good :D

img0536asm.jpg

Back