• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RR Outfitters OME 2-3" budget lift

truckeejeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Hi- I'm looking at getting a small lift and found this one for $734, pretty good price. I'm pretty sure I want to go with OME, do it once and do it right is my style. Anyone have any experience using or installing this lift? I've read some bad reviews of RRO in general, but if I'm just getting parts it seems pretty straightforward, yes? oh my bucket is a '91 XJ sport 5-sp. Stock right now. thanks y'all - TJ

Hi- I'm looking at getting a small lift and found this one for $734, pretty good price. I'm pretty sure I want to go with OME, do it once and do it right is my style. Anyone have any experience using or installing this lift? I've read some bad reviews of RRO in general, but if I'm just getting parts it seems pretty straightforward, yes? oh my bucket is a '91 XJ sport 5-sp. Stock right now. thanks y'all - TJ

Got my O.M.E. lift from Dirk at D.P.G. and never regretted it .. Almost 2 years later and he still is willing to spend some time talking about my rig when i have questions.

Last edited:
I have only heard bad things about rocky road, which disappoints as I was looking at purchasing a couple things from them. What they said about dpg.

Greets; after 'googling' around re: RR, I avoided the temptation to order their set-ups, (due to the bad press), but mainly because their 'suspension' packages confused me somewhat. I found the owner straight forward enough, and considered him a genuine Jeeper. As a novice, I needed more info., but could not get it timely enough in order to make an order, lol, which is often a logistical nightmare from the Continental States to Alaska. (I think the RR people were on a Jeep'in safari, or something). 4 wheel parts, 4wheelparts.com, is the distributor of OME stuff. You can go to ARBUSA.com and look up on their pdf what you need, then call up the distributor, and you will get great customer service.., and that's no bull! Chances are; you will get a discount, lol, if you ask. I don't know about the Calif. "4 Wheel Parts" stores, but my parts departed the closest to me Wa. State store, and in order to avoid paying their State taxes on my order, I had to obtain a 'waiver' form from the State.
Front coils: $161.
Rear leafs: $239. (mine were CS035RA)
Shocks: $400. (Nitro Sports)
Bushings: $ 52. (for all four eyes)
4 'U' Bolts: $ 52.
T.Case trip $ 51. (seems fitting spacer is helpful/needed for warranty thing should you care.)
Sub. Tot. $ 955. for all the above OME stuff, and etc. (You may want a different suspension setup then what I ordered, i.e., different cheaper costing shocks, not wanting coils, T-Case lowering spacer kit, etc., which will shave off bucks). Call 'em up, then compare their price, plus the shipping costs before you make an order in order to save a few bucks one way, or the other. I am sure Dirk is great, but the shipping costs from his location to mine would've been a major unnecessary expense to me. With that same reasoning RR would've had to charge me higher shipping charges than what I got via Wa. St., to Ak.
All, and all, I got what I wanted, and as such a 2" lift.

Got my O.M.E. lift from Dirk at D.P.G. and never regretted it .. Almost 2 years later and he still is willing to spend some time talking about my rig when i have questions.

I agree with that RR has horrible customer service. Dirk is cool to deal with and you will not regret getting OME.

Back