• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My week was better than yours

kayle666

NAXJA Forum User
went camping on Thomas mountain and it was a total blast

DSC02325.jpg

DSC02340.jpg

check these icesicles
DSC02337.jpg

DSC02343.jpg

DSC02349.jpg

went monday came back wednesday

Last edited:
yeah thats lake Hemet we stayed there the second night, we romped all around paradise valley most of Tuesday. my girl and i packed well enough that we weren't cold. i need better gloves though lol.

looks like an nice trail to run with the kids for a day (or two). i will look up the info on lake hemet about camping, fishing, swimming. as for warmer gloves, try using mittens. i know it sounds less manly, but trust me they are MUCH warmer as your fingers are all together and warm faster. you may think it difficult to handle stuff, but you get used to them quickly.

I wonder if there is much snow left on Thomas Mtn. ??
How many inches do you think there was ??

Curt

I wonder if there is much snow left on Thomas Mtn. ??
How many inches do you think there was ??

Curt

We just got back from Thomas Mountain an hour ago. The roads are sloppy mud with melting runoff. But there is enough snow to have fun. Snowball fights were had and snowmen were made. But it was sunny and in the 50's up there and the snow won't last too long.

2 stix, yeah i was using some cold weather gloves and they sucked lol. xtreme it was about 4.5-5 total. by the Wednesday afternoon it was getting mushy so i can only imagine how much fun ronbo had in the mud

how come you didnt just grab a yellow post site across the street? women don't like peeing in bushes? i love that area, great mountain biking out that way.

They didn't have a problem with it but the lake view was cool and you wont get busted for campfires

2 stix, yeah i was using some cold weather gloves and they sucked lol. xtreme it was about 4.5-5 total. by the Wednesday afternoon it was getting mushy so i can only imagine how much fun ronbo had in the mud

Just got back... little snow left... spur of the moment trip, we went into Tool Box Spr... the XJ is WAY more muddy than this... had fun though...

1zvfv2h.jpg

23jo2sg.jpg

Curt

looks way cool. thanks for the pics. and thanks for the thread. nice close place to bring the kids for a day trip and fun in the snow. how often do they get snow there, every year? whats the elevation? i suppose i can look that up. lol.

It's around 6000 ft. gets snow a few times a year...
I'm sure there are a few sites closer to Fallbrook... but it's close for us.

Curt

It's around 6000 ft. gets snow a few times a year...
I'm sure there are a few sites closer to Fallbrook... but it's close for us.

Curt

are ya kiddin me? every time it snows my wife tells me we should run up to big bear and play around for a couple hours. and yes we have a few times. this is way closer, and i wouldnt have to deal with all the big bear traffic and idiots. throw a couple slider discs in and supplies and go. i will definatly be checking out the lake this spring. any decent fishing? might have to tow the boat up there too.

are ya kiddin me? every time it snows my wife tells me we should run up to big bear and play around for a couple hours. and yes we have a few times. this is way closer, and i wouldnt have to deal with all the big bear traffic and idiots. throw a couple slider discs in and supplies and go. i will definatly be checking out the lake this spring. any decent fishing? might have to tow the boat up there too.

AH... the idiot factor, I see... it is closer than B.B.
Probably not as much snow though... I usually loop from the south side (Pyramid Peak off Hwy. 74) to the north where it loops back into Hwy. 74 next to Lake Hemet. There is another fork that goes down into Baustista Cyn. (I think) that's Rouse Ridge (I think) which will take you down into the City of Hemet...

I'd look for a snow level down to... 5000 ft. maybe... check for snow conditions in GarnerValley...

I'd check with the lake to see if they allow other boats on the lake... (see Quagga Mussel for the reason...) as to the fishing... I haven't fished it in 35 yrs.

Curt

the lake sucks (always has) for fishing. and turns out they hate jeeps! (wranglers). top o tom mtn is 6100ft and snow there and in paradise valley is ALWAYS FUN!! oh and i really hate the people in big bear, bunch of pretentious pricks. the peeps in Idyllwild are MUCH nicer!

the lake sucks (always has) for fishing. and turns out they hate jeeps! (wranglers). top o tom mtn is 6100ft and snow there and in paradise valley is ALWAYS FUN!! oh and i really hate the people in big bear, bunch of pretentious pricks. the peeps in Idyllwild are MUCH nicer!
i agree about BB vs idy. got some good friends up in idy, nice place. small close knit town.

this is way closer, and i wouldnt have to deal with all the big bear traffic and idiots.

Exactly. When we went up Thomas Mtn Saturday, there was only ONE other vehicle on the trail, and one couple hiking through the woods the entire time we were there.
It felt like we had the place to ourselves.

Back