• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lift kit parts

dcampbell98XJ

NAXJA Forum User
So its finally time for me to order my lift kit with my tax return. My xj is my DD and don't plan on going to the extremes. I want to order DPG 3.5" ultimate old man emu kit and was wondering if at 3.5"ultimate what parts would I need that aren't included.At that height would I need a tcase drop bracket, brake lines, shims or any of that good stuff. I plan on replacing bushing and tre and all that stuff is there anything im missing?

year/engine/trans/tcase/etc...

regarding the tcase question... generally, youll IDEALLY want a SYE, most can get away with a Tcase drop. older years seem to have more luck without a Tcase drop at all.

what all does the kit come with?

Post some pics/review when you get it. I plan to get a lift from Dirk as well.

If it we me I'd get the following: sye, tom woods driveshaft, brake lines, and a set of adjustable short arms. But you could go a cheaper route if you choose to...
Talk to Dirk and see what he recommends.

Its the 3-kit 3.5"ultimate ome ultimate kit from there website. I have a 98 xj 4.0. 231 and 8.25 rear end. Its all stock and the suspension is complete shot. I have 2a broken leaves. As a DD I wont be doing much wheeling until I get a truck and trailer and then I go crazy. I will eventually get an sye and driveshaft but I just wanna know if it is street worthy without it. Everything has gotta be budgeted since I am a new father.

Sorry for the typeos and doubles im on my phone and it likes to throw things in twice

Back