• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lyons muffler - San Marcos, CA

souske

NAXJA Forum User
Just got my jeep back, man they did a great job! Now my exhaust doesn't rattle and clang and rub on the springs. They added a turndown so my rear leaf bushings wont get melted again. Anyone in N. SD that needs exhaust work done, I would highly reccomend these guys.

i'm going to need a custom one since the 3 link rear will take up the room for a tailpipe. wonder if they could figure something out.

I'll second this! I've been there a couple of times. Always pleased with their work and their service.

The first time I was there because I backed into a rock and it bent my rear down pipe on the rocks. The guy put my Jeep on the lift and we took a look at everything together. He looked underneath at it all the scars and the damage and said "well, I can see that you ACTUALLY use this thing. We need to hook you up with something. I'll do all new tubes, and tuck it up as far as I can, and I'll also use some heavy duty tube so hopefully it'll last longer then this stuff. It's a bit harder to work with, but it'll be worth it." The steel he used was for sure very thick.

So many years go by and I'm at JV and I tear the crap out of my muffler and I bent one of the tubes actually. So I go back, looks at what I did, and he says to me something like "You obviously don't want to spend a ton of money on an muffler if you're gonna just smash it again right? Lets go upstairs in the loft I've got a bunch of take offs that are still good, we'll find you something used, and I won't charge you a whole lot for it." We found a Flowmaster that worked and I've been using that for a few years now. After he's done putting it on, he comes inside and goes "Wow, the tube on your exhaust is SUPER SUPER thick, it's almost like roll cage! Did you do that? It's really hard to work with, and I can't believe you bent it!" I just laughed and said "Hey, you were the one who put it in along time ago, so it would actually hold up for a while. And it actually did for the way I drive and where I drive. I guess you don't remember me, or when you put that in!" He goes "No, not at all, I can't believe I did that, but hey, it seems to be working pretty well I guess if it's lasted this long!"

Damn, with a recommendation and work ethic like that, I'm taking my Jeep to him too...and I don't even need any exhaust work done!

Been going there for MANY years....
He does very good work and will build just about anything you need !!!
Probably will have to pay him another visit in the near future.

actually through the frame rail? you wont have any frame left! maybe 1/2" on the top and bottom of the pipe?

i do need to figure something out for the 3 link setup. there will not really be any room to get the pipe around the travel of the control arms.

actually through the frame rail? you wont have any frame left! maybe 1/2" on the top and bottom of the pipe?

i do need to figure something out for the 3 link setup. there will not really be any room to get the pipe around the travel of the control arms.
I will weld in a piece of pipe slightly larger than the exhaust pipe to regain the strength of the frame.

I will weld in a piece of pipe slightly larger than the exhaust pipe to regain the strength of the frame.
i assumed that but i still think there's going to be some signifigant integrity lost. i hope it's that easy though lol

If you punched up throught the floor behind the rear seat, and went out through the side you could avoid cutting through the rails.

However the extra heat in the cabin might be a problem

Back