• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whats up to SoCal

Gold Digger

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all how's it going? I just got back from korea and I have my XJ back. I'm stationed at March AFB. I need some work done but I was wondering where some rock crawling trails are? My wife and I both have XJ's and once I fix my T-case we are way overdue for some nice rocks. I was part of the intermountain chapter till I got orders to korea.

POO POO man I just googled ur base, your about 30 minutes away from the Offroading Mecca.
We have alot of members in your area that are always wheeling.

Look up Johnson Valley, and Cougar Butte on these forums.

I'm WAY south of you so I'm not much help

Last edited by a moderator:
Will do, thanks for the info :) Do any members have some X-fer case linkage I could snag? Mine got tweeked due to an old trans mount that went out of me.

Probably better off checking a Junk yard for the linkage

@GrimmJeeper and Skwerly - Thanks for the welcome back :)

Once I move into my new house that's what I was thinking about getting, after that I have to take a gander and locate my TCP sensor as well as the one on top of the trans (don't remember what it's called) and see if I can solve my trans issue, as well as fix my ignition cylinder. Got a long road ahead of me but there's now way in hell am I getting rid of Gold Digger :)

If ya'll see me driving around send me a wave (Gold XJ with two 8' whips), I'll be sure to do the same :) also, if you have a CB I stay on channel 19

if you're mechanically inclined you can go the route that one of our members "Jeepfreak21" went and build your own linkage setup, he has a writeup on his site:

http://www.bsfab.net/?p=26

I fix jets for a living so I should be ok :) I'm at work at the moment but once I get home I'll check out the link on a computer that won't block it

I fix jets for a living so I should be ok :) I'm at work at the moment but once I get home I'll check out the link on a computer that won't block it

it's relatively simple just some mods to the shift arm on the tcase and a couple rod ends with all thread in between :D

There are some things work related that I have to fix first but when I finally get settled in then I'll be spending most of my free time under the XJ. By the way, anyone have any photos of the AW4? I got a loose plug and I can't seem to find out where it goes. Send me a PM if you do.

I'm in perris, just south of march arb...let me know if you need anything!

Will do :) I was looking at houses out there but the real estate company was giving me the run-around so my wife found one off of van buren

Back