• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

injectors

QUABOAG

NAXJA Forum User
99 4.0l 240k. been experiencing a hard start, rough idle for a moment or three on a cold start. evens out with no cel's. last time i pulled it apart to put in an exhaust manifold i noticed a bit of an injector leak. so i suspect this may be my issue currently. my question today is where is the best source for a new set of injectors? i will pull the fuel rail and give the fuel pump a prime before before i commit to this foray, but i would be pleased if anyone had any recommendations.

I just ordered some FiveOmotorsports injectors for my 99. Same symptoms for the last year for me.

If your injectors have 240,000 miles on them they're probably over due change. If nothing else, the O-rings are probably shot.

OEM injector part number is 4854181. This part number was introduced in 1999, and went through 2001. It is also used in other 4.0 liter Jeep engines beyond 2001. Ebay has rebuilt ones listed.

Just some FYI:

I installed FiveO Bosch/Ford XFE-C4B injectors a year, or so, ago with a rail from a 2000 XJ. Recently I've been experiencing an uneven idle, with an intermittant miss when at cold idle, but smoothes out when the engine is up to temp [no CEL]. I checked my fuel pressure at my rail at idle and saw the fuel pressure fluxuating rapidly between 30 and 50 psi. I pulled the XFE injectors and rail out and reinstalled my 4854181 injectors with my original '99 rail. The fuel pressure is now rock steady at idle but I still have the uneven/intermittant miss at idle. I'm going to reinstall the XFE injectors using the '99 rail and see what happens.

(All new plugs, wires, cap, rotor and fairly new coil. Compression checked within specs.)

If your injectors have 240,000 miles on them they're probably over due change.
QUOTE]

i know right! i generally go by "if it aint broke, dont fix it". not sure what mileage one can expect from injectors or if there is a maintenance interval for them. anyway, i went with PAinjectors....170 bucks for a set of upgraded rebuilt injectors.

hey Rainman...your link just opens up this thread again. I replaced all 6 injectors with 4hole greens from precision auto injectors. definately notice smoother idling and throttle reponse. i havent checked to see if MPG have improved yet. still have some starting problems every once and a while that i need to track down but i figure at least i've ruled out sticky 240k old injectors!

I don't know which thread he was intending to link, but if you google "rainman injectors Jeep" you'll find his posts on various forums with a shload of info on injector upgrades.

Back