• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Im back in the game!

DirtBound

NAXJA Forum User
i finally after a year of being jeepless have gotten back into an xj!
here she is!

351xyzm.jpg

only problem im having is a crazy grinding noise under the driverside when going straight, but when i turn or put pressure on the steering wheel to either side the noise goes away, not sure what it it... any help would be sweet!

i finally after a year of being jeepless have gotten back into an xj!
here she is!

351xyzm.jpg

only problem im having is a crazy grinding noise under the driverside when going straight, but when i turn or put pressure on the steering wheel to either side the noise goes away, not sure what it it... any help would be sweet!

Specs, looks better than the red one you rolled :thumbup:

Jack up the tire, Grab it top and bottom and wiggle it.

Jack up the tire, Grab it top and bottom and wiggle it.

that's a good way to check a balljoint, but won't tell you a bearing is bad unless it's REALLY bad and has play in it.

pop the tire off and spin the hub by hand slowly, it should be smooth and make no noise through 360° rotation. if there is even a single rough spot in it replace it.

Thanks everyone, all of the above will be checked through on Saturday... Sweet to be back with this community!

grinding noise was the track bar rod end loose on the mount, tires were so worn in the front that they beat the crap out of the rod end. it probably didnt help that it got death wobble at 35mph aswell, i got new tires and the wobble is gone, just need a new track bar now...

Back