• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon for Sierrafest

crazymoose1990

NAXJA Forum User
I think Ive talked about this before, but cant seem to find the post. I just wanted everyone to know I will be heading down to California for Sierrafest this year. I have had conversations with some of my freinds down there who will be attending who are really exited about some of us northern members coming down, I know one of the vendors I buy parts from said they would also bring out some of there rigs (WFO concepts) I will probably have some of my freinds who drive lesser rigs comming (Toyotas) :)
It will be a hell of a good time, one you will never forget, we could convoy down, I know some of you trailer and some of you drive your junk like I do. I will have the dates up for Sierrafest in a day or two. Its usually in August so you have pleanty of time to turn wrenches and buy all the parts and gear you need.

Hope to see you on this adventure. Jason :cheers:

I think Ive talked about this before, but cant seem to find the post. I just wanted everyone to know I will be heading down to California for Sierrafest this year. I have had conversations with some of my freinds down there who will be attending who are really exited about some of us northern members coming down, I know one of the vendors I buy parts from said they would also bring out some of there rigs (WFO concepts) I will probably have some of my freinds who drive lesser rigs comming (Toyotas) :)
It will be a hell of a good time, one you will never forget, we could convoy down, I know some of you trailer and some of you drive your junk like I do. I will have the dates up for Sierrafest in a day or two. Its usually in August so you have pleanty of time to turn wrenches and buy all the parts and gear you need.

Hope to see you on this adventure. Jason :cheers:

I wanna go. But it depends if your still mad at me?:dunno:

I'm not still mad at you Scott, sometimes I think you like to see if you can give me a heart attack though. Are you really not coming for Dustins run next weekend, I will be heading up Saturday, with Dave (BoringDave) I may say over night I am unsure at this point? Cuz Dave only wants to go for the day. I think he is bringing his daughter?

I'm not still mad at you Scott, sometimes I think you like to see if you can give me a heart attack though. Are you really not coming for Dustins run next weekend, I will be heading up Saturday, with Dave (BoringDave) I may say over night I am unsure at this point? Cuz Dave only wants to go for the day. I think he is bringing his daughter?
I'm not sure. I am trying to make it but I have a growing to-do list that might include a trip to NorCal on Friday.

Glad to see you apologize! ( I'm kidding. Calm down! )

On a serious note. I do plan to do the rubicon this summer. Would be awesome to do a NWC run!

Yeah we should decend on Tahoe. Like the locust. Would be great to have you.

Last edited:
No spending the night for me unless I drive my house. If you want to stay over I can just follow you to TSF in my rice grinder. I'll just leave at the end of the day no biggie.

Sorry Just referring to post #3

Sounds good John, Sierra chapter is putting it to a vote on dates as we speak, so check that out, there is also very usefull information on rig requirements, if you plan on going YOU SHOULD READ THIS THREAD!!!! they dont screw around down there and neither should you!!! There will be pleanty of fun packed in 4 or 5 days, I may go earlier or stay long. I will be on workers comp so I have pleanty of time. Just make sure your prepaired I.E tools and spares. I will be trying to take it pretty easy on my rig as I will have on good shoulder and one not so good, I have had a couple people down there tell me they will help me out if I break. I will try to get as many spares as possible depending on funds, however if it comes down to it I can leave my Jeep in California I would just need to get it off the Rubicon. I am rambling just do your due diligents gentelmen.

Thanks hope to see you on this adventure should you chose to accept it. :)

Jason, I could be Wrong but it looks like Sierrafest is NOT at the rubicon this year.

Yeah I was reading that late last night, I have heard of some side runs though. I will have to contact some people down there and see whats up, I really only want to run the Rubicon. Dick a great honeymoon is one on the Rubicon.

Sierra Fest is a great time. Pm me if you all have any Q's or just sent me a text. 775-742-0196..

Yeah, Ive never been to Sierrafest Ive heard its a GREAT TIME!!!! not to try and talk people out of running the Rubicon because its the main reason that I want to head south as I have never run the Rubicon. I think those of you that want to run Rubicon should head down early with me and run that before Sierrafest. If you dont want to attend Sierrafest you can head home those that do can head over with me after the Con trip, or vise a vera. I would plan on a good week if you would like to do both.
Hell maybe after the Rubicon all are junk will be DESTROYED!!!!!

So just a side note make sure eveyone starts saving a little extra cash now, with gas price's projected to be 5.00 to 6.00 per gallon it's going to be an expensive trip, however this year probably my only trip. Just a head's up I dont want to hear two weeks before the trip people bailing due to gas fund's.

Thank's everyone looking forward to this trip.

Okay John unsure of what your talking about, but that's great if that's what you want to do. I agree gas is only going to get worse unfortuantly it's time we live in. I have been doing research on NG gas, The biggest problem I see with is the weight of the tank and intial cost. More research must be done at this point, I am pretty sure the Mando will be on NG gas by the time it's finished gas will probably be 10.00 a gallon.
We need to have Hydrogen conversions for XJ's then when we run out of water we can just throw some snow in the tank.

Back