• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What would be..

TA2Jeep

NAXJA Forum User
..better (or at least better looking) for 30x9.5x15 shoes : 15x7 or 15x8 wheels?

(Lift will be 2.5" OME)

If you absolutely, positively have no doubt that you won't go bigger than 30/9.50 tires, 15x7 will be just fine. If you have even a shred of a doubt that you may want 31s or bigger, save the time and hassle by getting 15x8 wheels now.
My 2¢.

If you absolutely, positively have no doubt that you won't go bigger than 30/9.50 tires, 15x7 will be just fine. If you have even a shred of a doubt that you may want 31s or bigger, save the time and hassle by getting 15x8 wheels now.
My 2¢.

x2

just get the 15x8 since they will work with the tires you're going to get now, and work for much larger tires later.

The only thing you'd be saving is some money and weight.

My 2¢.
X3

I run 30/9.50 on stock wheels with 2in lift. Looks good.

They will look better on 15x7s. I had 30x9.5s on my factory wheels and there is no way I would have liked how they looked on 8" wide wheels. Don't waste your money on new wheels if you are only going to go to 30x9.5s. Also, 30's fit with no lift.

I like my 15x7 4.25 b.s. D windows with my 31 /10.50's

And will probably do 33 /10.50 or 11.50 with them in the future (expedition style)

Heres the thread where i decided that has pics of the same setup (since im to lazy to post my own pics)

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1056002

B.t.w. i dont think you really need new wheels either i had my 31/10.50 bfg a/t's on my stock rims and they barely rubbed at full turn just a touch on the L.C.A.

Back