• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

00 efan bolt size

H8PVMT

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Anyone know it off hand, both mine disappeared,and pulley tore my fan apart, can't find the right size for the clips

Yeah took a while to figure what the horrid noise was, fan still works but rather not eat up the new one

Check the holes in the crossmember. If they'll pass a 1/4"-20 screw, just replace the clip nuts with 1/4"-20 and use thumbscrews with flat washers.

I know that it will work on RENIX, and probably all older body styles, but I'm not sure about the newer. If it does, you've just simplified things.

If it does not, the screws are either M4-0.7 or M5-0.8, and either use a flange head screw or use a washer under the head. (But the thumbscrews will simplify things immensely.)

Pretty sure they are a bit smaller than that. IIRC, they have a 8MM head.

Don't have one at the moment to measure, but if you travel to the nearest hardware store and take along one from the fan shroud, you should be able to match it. IIRC it is the same sized fastener.

Pretty sure they are a bit smaller than that. IIRC, they have a 8MM head.

Don't have one at the moment to measure, but if you travel to the nearest hardware store and take along one from the fan shroud, you should be able to match it. IIRC it is the same sized fastener.

8m/m socket usually comes back to an M5 screw, which is a bit under 1/4" (1/4"=6.35m/m.)

I found swapping the OEM screws & clip nuts out for 1/4"-20 saved me a pantload of headache over the years, tho. No tools needed to R&I the e-fan!

They bolt through one of those clip on nut-things,,,, get two new ones to match the bolts you buy.....problem solved.

They bolt through one of those clip on nut-things,,,, get two new ones to match the bolts you buy.....problem solved.

Precisely what I said - just get thumbscrews, and you'll also save yourself trouble when you have to take the fan out (as for belt changes, for instance...)

yep, 8mm head, some goofy small metric thread. Mine ALWAYS manage to seize up in the stupid clip nuts and wreck the threads and the nut when they come out, and while 1/4-20s worked nicely, they vibrated out. So I'm running cheap stainless steel zip ties on mine now, seems to be working out nicely.

yep, 8mm head, some goofy small metric thread. Mine ALWAYS manage to seize up in the stupid clip nuts and wreck the threads and the nut when they come out, and while 1/4-20s worked nicely, they vibrated out. So I'm running cheap stainless steel zip ties on mine now, seems to be working out nicely.

I haven't had trouble with the thumbscrews vibrating out, but that doesn't mean it's not possible.

A couple of possible solutions:

- Use a rubber washer between the flat washer and fan - compress it. This sets up a slight tensile preload on the thumbscrews, and should help hold them.

- Use a drop of fingernail enamel on the screw threads. Works like LocTite, but it's got even less strength, so it will come apart by hand very easily (this is what I usually do for very small screws - anything #6 and under/M4 and under. Works great for scope mounts on firearms, and for retaining screws on airguns/paintball markers/airsoft guns!)

You should have two bottles of fingernail enamel in your toolbox anyhow - gloss white (or other bright gloss colour) or highlighting timing marks & witness marks, and clear for a very light-duty threadlocker (easier to find than LocTite #222 anyhow.)

Back