• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adjustable control arms - build or buy?

SolarBell

NAXJA Forum User
Still have my stock upper control arms. Thinking this spring I might want to put in some adjustable uppers so I can fix my caster a bit. But the cheapest decent adjustable uppers I can find to buy with a frame-side joint are like $250.

Is it worth the money to invest in building a set? Doesn't seem like it would cost that much outside of the cost for the joints. Or should I just save the hassle and pay the money for a manufactured set?

I went this route but went 3 link a few months later. By the time I bought the joints, tube adapters, tube and decent paint I was close to $200 in. Plus the fabrication time. They were fun to make though. I TIG welded them and they came out looking nicer than most store-boughten ones I think. I doubt you will save more than $100 which is sort of the point at which I ask myself whether it's worth the time. For more fun stuff, I usually do it myself. I say go for it if you enjoy fabricating and especially if you're on a tight budget.

Buy some used ones with good bushings. Should be around $150 or less. If you have the time to wait for what you want...

I picked up RE SF adjustable uppers, adj. lowers, springs, discos, and SS brake lines for $400 and then stuff was in good condition.

Good luck

Back