• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dang E-Brake Rod

bogaski

NAXJA Forum User
So, on the last thing to get the 92 xj done. The dreaded e-brake button. Decided I would epoxy it since I have spent more money than I had budgeted this month. Epoxyed it back on but while the button releases the e-brake if I manually engage the pawl, it does not engage it (think the clicky, clicky sound). I have searched here and web for a diagram. The rod that the button hooks up to pulls out easily from the handle. (The rod is straight with a dog leg at the end by the mechanism). Is there some way it is supposed to hook up? I pulled off the console but that did not really help much, if at all. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks,
GB

OK, have done a bunch of searching here and on the inter webs and found nothing. If I can not figure the layout I will have to replace the entire assembly I believe? Any insights? Looks like maybe two or three bolts? Or can I just remove the handle by removing the center/pin it pivots on. Any help would be appreciated.

when the button popped off mine i tried gluing it. i ended up just replacing the whole thing from a junkyard jeep. i didnt even take the console all the way out, just loosened it to access the e brake

When you replaced the emergency brake unit, is it simply unbolting the bracket the handle is connected to from the body or does the cable underneath the car hook up to it? That is the part I am curious about. Your description of replacement would be very beneficial.

Back