• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RWKHausSupply - What's Your KOH Story?

Well I can tell you that Thursday he broke his rock jock axle. We towed it back to yorbalinda, him cory and myself tore the axle down. Took it to curries Friday morning. Around 4 we got the new axle back. Had it back on rubber by 10:30 and back in the dirt sat morning by 7am. The rest I don't know.

I know that just about the time our GPS broke 80 mph for the first time, I looked over and saw robert out of his car on a dry lakebed jumping up and down, cheering us on.

He did blow his engine, but seemed in really good spirits about it. He was hauling ass when it went, making a pass on the car that took second place.

this is when Rob's motor blew, the fun part starts when they hit the flats. that's a v8 grand they're gaining on :D too bad the damn motor let go they were hauling ASS

I am writing up a complete, LONG, recap currently.

Yes broke rockjock thursday and Currie got me a new semi finished on friday at 4 and we wrenched and welded all friday evening to get a new one, in.

Sat was great.

Sunday we were fast. We had some great insight as to lines and such to take on the course, that was helping.

We pasded I think 4 mod cars stopped in the first 2-3 miles, one in the race about MM5, passed both stockers that started in front of us. Then we got in to a trail race with the 2nd place finished V8-ZJ. He would not let us pass, and the horn is a on off, so scott just turned it on and left it on. at a few points we almost hit him to get him to move outa our way. we hit the open lake bed and it was a drag race. 1st and 2nd gear we were not gaining much on him, but in 3rd we pulled about 3-4 car lengths and at 82mph and 4K RPM in 3rd, Scott my driver asked hows it looking, all gauges were a perfect go, and he asked about 4th. I said get it lets pass. thats right about when the engine eat its self somewhere / how.

The cab filled with smoke. gauges were all perfect, oil pres was even about 60.

but we coasted to a stop and that was our day.

STILL SMILING! once in a life time feeling!

Heres a video of our our of hills to lake bed race. if you listen you can hear the horn blowing for long periods. then as we start to really pull on that V-8 linked machine, you see all of a sudden we are falling back. Thats when it all went south..

We had other issues that I will talk about in the write up later.

http://youtu.be/i7Bqam0TALs

thats rad, i was wondering how you did. sucks the motor went, but at least you were giving her hell when it let the smoke out.

Sorry about the motor, but right on about having the opportunity to participate. Adrenalin still going, huh? LOL

I was at Upper Big Johnson and saw that V8 Grand go by. He took the sand-dune option which required power and wheel speed and some cojones. It sounded like most of the other spectators around me were impressed too.

Sorry to hear about the engine. I was hoping to see the XJs go by. Unfortunately it never happened. When we left Upper big Johnson we climbed one little hill and I saw the Blue/Yellow Goatman XJ heading back to the start and not on-course. I was bummed for them.

Next year!

~R

well at least a close cousin to the xj did well!
what kind of air filter were you guys running? possible that it sucked in an assload of dust or sand? or was it a bearing? if the cab was full of smoke, i'm guessing blowby or massively vented cyl, so piston issues?

Last edited:
When we left Upper big Johnson we climbed one little hill and I saw the Blue/Yellow Goatman XJ heading back to the start and not on-course. I was bummed for them.

That was a really, really hard decision. I think Richard and I sat there staring at each other for ten full minutes waiting for the other to say it first. That in itself told us we were making the right decision..

Way to go Robert.

Besides these little hicups, I think you and the naxja team will be there up front in the near future.

I think it would be fun to help out. I wish I could.

E

trust me dude it was fun to help out, I worked with both teams. And had a blast all the way through, there was some stressful points, like at the line when the alt died, running my fat ass as far as i could to get back and rip out the alt. Or on the way back to yorbalinda wondering if currie was going to be able to pull through, and if they did were we going to be able too, all in all AWESOME WEEKEND!!

did any of the stock class make it through "Backdoor" ? i watched that spot last year and even the buggies were having a hard time. just wondering if everyone had to winch it through there.

The race didn't run through backdoor - or any of the more difficult trails, really.

Back