• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whats everyones favorite flex joint

XJ jay

NAXJA Forum User
It would appear that another teraflex joint has started to get some play in it, months after i rebuilt it with there rebuild kit. I wheeled it once since i rebuilt it and its starting to clunk around again, what puzzles me is that its the same joint. The rebuild kit is $30 so i think im better off spending the extra $15 and getting a new and hopefully better joint. This is my daily and i dont tolerate clunks and bangs on the road, these teraflex joints appear to hold up just fine for mall crawlers but seem to fall apart after wheeling. So whats everybody's favorite joint and way. Johny joints, Creeper joints etc....

the favorite seems to be the currie johnny joints. i have RE flex joints ans the larger ones are great on my lowers. but the smaller flex joint such as the ones used in the uppers and the trackbar are terrible they wear quickly.

It would appear that another teraflex joint has started to get some play in it, months after i rebuilt it with there rebuild kit. I wheeled it once since i rebuilt it and its starting to clunk around again, what puzzles me is that its the same joint. The rebuild kit is $30 so i think im better off spending the extra $15 and getting a new and hopefully better joint. This is my daily and i dont tolerate clunks and bangs on the road, these teraflex joints appear to hold up just fine for mall crawlers but seem to fall apart after wheeling. So whats everybody's favorite joint and way. Johny joints, Creeper joints etc....
Have you contacted Teraflex?

currie and never look back.

agreed - I have the rough country long arm lift kit, replaced all my joints and I haven't looked back. Yes they cost a lot, but it saves you from rebuilding over and over and over again.

rustys forged flex joints, you can't rebuild the creeper joints. If you wheel the creepers hard youll blow the retaining washers out.

Rustys joints were by far the worst ive owned, they were very squeeky, and noisy, and had to constantly be re tightened. Ive had currie, IRO, and heims from skyjacker and ruff stuff. I like the johnny joints and ruff stuff heims the best.

rustys forged flex joints, you can't rebuild the creeper joints. If you wheel the creepers hard youll blow the retaining washers out.

who said you can't rebuild creeper joints?

they are wrong.

that said, they are just another currie knockoff that uses substandard parts.

and rusty's joints are pieces of crap. just like the RE joints, hard plastic inner races are stupid, and the reason that people on the intardnet think that johnny joints will increase NVH....

OP, don't be a cheapskate, go currie and be happy.

I will take a good quality hiem over a rebuildable flex joint any day. Last much longer in my experience and if they do get some slop just unthread them and thread a new one in and you're done.

I wouldn't daily drive with rod ends, they won't last very long at all. on a trail only rig, sure. but I still prefer johnny joints.

Currie johnny joints. Better suspension company's like to use 'em too, such as Clayton

Currie ....All that needs to be said.

I wouldn't daily drive with rod ends, they won't last very long at all. on a trail only rig, sure. but I still prefer johnny joints.

This is false. Since when is driving on a a paved road harder on components than rough wheeling? I am not sure if you have any first hand experience with rod ends but if not then I would not be giving out second hand advice.

Ruffstuff chromo/cryo/heat treated heims.

^ this x eleventybillion

All of my ruffstuff ends have been holding up just fine with my fullsize axles and my smaller 35's. And yes, I do daily drive this by the way. Have their 3/4 and 7/8's ends on my steering and track bar and using their 1.25" ends on my radius arms.

Back