• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spring hanger ?

fasteddieyj

NAXJA Forum User
I spent some time today removing the factory front spring bolts, In order to do so I cut holes in the bottom of the "pocket" in the hanger to gain access to the nut. My question is whether I need to patch the holes I made or if they are ok to leave as is. I found a few threads about cutting the holes but nothing one way or the other about closing them back up. My first thought is that it is probably ok, but want to make sure. Here is a pic I stole from another thread to illustrate what I did since I didn't take any of mine.
{img}
SpringHanger.jpg
{img}

idk the negative effects of leaving it open, and was unsure, so i went ahead and sealed them back up to be safe

on my last 2 rigs i never patched it up and had no issues. the rest of the unibody failed before there were any signs of failure there

When I did mine I sealed it up and ran a longer bolt into the inside of the frame rail and have a small access hole in the bottom of that. No more welded nuts. I used a large washer on the bolt to spread the load and I may add a small plate for piece of mind

Back